Monday, March 26, 2012

Olive Crostini

Perfect Pairing:  Party Music
IMG_9431-1

I can’t count how many times I have made this olive crostini recipe.  It is my “go to” appetizer whenever I am having a get together.  I love the combination of salty olives, spicy pepper jack cheese, and nutty parmesan.  It is so easy to throw together and is always a hit.  You can even make the olive mixture ahead of time and broil the crostini right before serving.
The Perfect Pairing for olive crostini is the perfect party music!  When I entertain I spend a lot of time thinking about the atmosphere in addition to the food that I am going to serve.  Music is key!  I am a big fan of Pandora.  If you have not used Pandora, you should start.  I love that I don’t have to buy/download new music or have to make a playlist of songs before a party.  I like to have an eclectic mix of tunes.  My party mix is a combination of the following Pandora stations:  Frank Sinatra, Joshua Radin, Madeleine Peyroux, Spanish Guitar, Salsa, Mumford and Sons, Blue Six, UB40, Van Morrison, Jason Mraz, and Contemporary Reggae.  Of course, maybe not all of those at once.  You have to know your audience!


Olive Crostini
Lindsay at Perfecting the Pairing

Ingredients:
·         1 (4.25 oz) can chopped black olives, drained
·         1 (5.75 oz) jar green olives with pimiento, drained and chopped
·         2 cloves of garlic, chopped
·         ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan, loosely packed
·         4 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
·         ¼ cup parsley, chopped
·         2 Tb butter, melted
·         1 baguette, sliced
Directions:
In a medium bowl combine the first seven ingredients.  Stir until evenly distributed.  Top each baguette slice with about 2 tablespoons of the olive mixture.  Line up crostini on a cookie sheet.  Broil in the oven until the bread starts to brown and the cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...