Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lemon Pudding Cake

Perfect Pairing:  Fresh berries
IMG_9456-1

If someone told me I had to choose between lemon and chocolate desserts, I would have a hard time with that answer.  I love all things lemon.  This dessert is perfect for any fellow lemon lovers.  It is not to be confused with the lemon yogurt cake I posted about awhile back.  They are completely different, although, both delicious.
I ran across this recipe on foodgawker and bookmarked it for a special occasion.  Side note… if you are not familiar with foodgawker, you should check it out.  The food photography is amazing.  I have had a few photos accepted but many, many…. many declined.  Every time I visit that site I am motivated to work on my food photography.  It really is an art.  Anyway, when I ran across the photo of the lemon pudding cake I was intrigued.  I decided to make it for my mom’s birthday, which is a very special occasion!  Especially this year... ; )
The dessert was fabulous.  I really don’t know why it is called a pudding cake because there is no pudding involved.  I would compare it to soufflé.  It separates into layers so that the top is cake-like and the bottom is a smooth sauce.  I thought it tasted like lemon meringue pie on the second day, if that makes any sense.  I followed this recipe exactly as well as the tips given in the post.
The Perfect Pairing for lemon pudding cake is a topping of fresh berries.  The combination is light and delicious.  I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...