Friday, June 29, 2012

Un-Recipe Files - Thai Broccoli Slaw Salad

IMG_0454-001

I will be making this salad a lot this summer at the lake.  It is ridiculously simple and it tastes pretty awesome.  It is also easy to have all of the ingredients on hand.
 My mom had this salad at a birthday party and saught out the host to get the recipe.  It could not be easier!  There are just three ingredients:  broccoli slaw, store bought peanut sauce, and honey roasted peanuts.

Just toss the slaw with the desired amount of sauce (I used about ¼ of the jar for one bag of slaw mix) and top it off with chopped honey roasted peanuts.   You could also add chopped cilantro and/or sliced green onions.  Serve the salad right away, because the sauce will pull water out of the slaw and make the dressing a little runny.
You could even make a meal out of this by adding grilled chicken.  Love it!

4 comments:

  1. This is my kind of recipe. Thanks for sharing. I think I will love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I have made this a few times and keep adding different things like regular cole slaw, shredded carrots, etc. Good stuff!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious and so easy!! We are planning our vacation menu and are going to pair this with seared ahi tuna. Can't wait, I'll let you know how everything turns out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good and so easy! I have started adding a bag of regular cole slaw along with the broccoli slaw, and I highly recommend adding green onions and cilantro. Yum! I can't wait to hear what you think!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...