Friday, August 3, 2012

Blueberry Cobbler Bars

Perfect Pairing:  A crowd
IMG_0006-002

I ran across this recipe on Framed cooking blog.  I have discovered lots of tasty things on her site!  The photographs are beautiful.  You could definitely lose track of time clicking through all of her great recipes.  I made a batch of these blueberry cobbler bars over Easter weekend and they were a big hit with the family.
The crust and topping is like lemon shortbread.  I love the method of making lemon sugar with the zest of two lemons.  It actually made the entire kitchen smell like fresh lemon. 
The only thing that made me thick twice about the recipe was the amount of butter.  I just couldn’t bring myself to unwrap the final stick so I made the recipe with two sticks instead of three, and it was perfectly fine.  In fact, it was delicious!  You would not miss the extra butter.
The Perfect Pairing for this recipe is a crowd.  The bars are made in a 12x17 inch pan so it makes a huge batch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...