Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Coconut Curry Grilled Pineapple

Perfect Pairing:  Marinated chicken
IMG_2164

I am slowly getting to be more adventurous with the grill.  I used to always leave the grilling up to my dad and brothers, but I find myself grilling more and more.  In all honesty, if I am with the men in my family they are still in charge of the grill.   I have a feeling that will never change.  Men like fire.
You might as well grill your side dishes if you have the grill heated up.  I grill all kinds of vegetables and fruit.  I think the best grilled fruit is pineapple, it is straight up delicious.
I had grilled plain pineapple a lot (and it was great), but decided to make a quick coconut and curry marinade.  It really added a lot to the fruit.  Grilled pineapple is very sweet and this marinade adds a savory side as well.  I like the kick of curry and cayenne. 
My brother recommended brushing the pineapple with leftover marinade while it was grilling.  This was key.  It kept the pineapple moist and added a lot of flavor.
The recipe makes quite a bit of marinade.  It is not easy to cut the marinade in half because of the can of coconut milk.  Of course, you could easily marinate two pineapples.  My solution was to use half of the marinade for pineapple and the other half for chicken.
IMG_2161

The Perfect Pairing for Coconut Curry Grilled Pineapple is marinated chicken.  After separating out half of the pineapple marinade I added cumin, ground coriander and the chicken breasts.  The chicken was grilled alongside the pineapple.  They went so well together.  I made this meal for my parents and grandma this summer and everyone raved.  In fact, my grandma said she would pay $23 for that meal in a restaurant.  Let’s just say that is a really big deal for Grandma Rosie.
Coconut Curry Grilled Pineapple
Lindsay at Perfecting the Pairing

Ingredients:
·         One pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1 inch thick slices
·         ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
·         Zest and juice of 2 limes
·         ¼ cup brown sugar
·         3 tsp curry powder
·         1 can, 15 oz, coconut milk, stirred
·         1 tsp salt
·         ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Directions:
In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, lime zest and juice, brown sugar, curry powder, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.  Whisk until completely combined.  Add the pineapple and marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.*
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.  Place the pineapple rings directly on the grill and grill until they are slightly charred and softened, about 4-6 minutes per side.  Be sure to flip the pineapple and brush with extra pineapple marinade throughout the grilling.
*If you would like to cook chicken along with the pineapple, remove approximately half of the marinade and add 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of ground coriander.  Add the chicken to the spiced marinade and marinate at least two hours in the refrigerator.  Grill chicken until cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving valuable information. Keep it Updates because your content is really fascinating and motivating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...