Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Perfect Pairing:  Fall music
IMG_2696-001

 
My parents just moved into a new home and I went for a quick visit to see the (almost) finished house and to help them get settled.  As it turned out I was WAY too distracted by the new kitchen to do much settling and unpacking.  I did definitely break in the kitchen for them.
I don’t know if it was the gorgeous views from the kitchen windows but I was totally inspired to make something utterly fall-like and pumpkin-y.  Can you blame me?
IMG_2755-001
IMG_2752-001
 
 The base of the cupcake is a spice cake mix and 100% canned pumpkin.  There is no oil or fat added, which makes me feel slightly better about them.  Might as well top them off with cream cheese frosting.  Hey, I used light cream cheese.
If you are in the mood for a great fall dessert, try out these cupcakes.  They were perfect.  Just the right amount of pumpkin and fall spices.
IMG_2719-001

The Perfect Pairing for these cupcakes is some really relaxing fall music.  Nothing about this music is specifically “autumn-like” but it is perfect background music while cooking.  Something about fall is very subtle and relaxing and this music is perfect.  Please note, I have not reviewed the videos, I am purely commenting on the music.











Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Lindsay at Perfecting the Pairing

Ingredients:
Cupcakes:
·         1 boxed spice cake (18.25 oz)
·         15 oz canned 100% pure pumpkin
·         2 tsp baking soda
·         1/3 cup water
·         2 eggs
·         1 tsp cinnamon
·         ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Frosting:
·         4 Tb butter, softened
·         8 oz cream cheese, softened (light is fine)
·         1 ½ cup powdered sugar
·         1 tsp cinnamon
·         1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of a mixer combine the spice cake mix and canned pumpkin.   In a small bowl dissolve the baking soda in the 1/3 cup water, stirring with a fork.  Add the baking soda mixture to the mixing bowl, add eggs, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie space.  Mix until evenly combined, scraping down the sides.
Scoop the cupcake batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.  The recipe should make about 24 cupcakes.  Bake for 18-25 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool.
Meanwhile add the softened butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla to the bowl of an electric mixture.  Combine completely using a paddle attachment until completely smooth.
Once the cupcakes have cooled frost with the cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

  1. You had me at cream cheese frosting. And thy view? Amazing! And I'm kind of dying to see this kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am a total sucker for cream cheese frosting! I need to post some pictures of the kitchen. To die for.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...